Everyone’s going mobile.. so why don’t you? Like it or not, mobile marketing is here to stay and your business have to adapt, hands down. If you haven’t optimized your website yet for the mobile market, this first quarter of the New Year is a great time to start. Did you know that 4 out of 5 consumers use their smartphones to shop? More than half of Americans admit to bringing their mobile devices anywhere – even to the bathroom. In fact, you can check out more of these mobile marketing stats on the Web and the apple of opportunity is ripe for the pickin’. All you have to do is take that next step.
Putting Your Business-on-the-Go
Your target market expects a mobile-friendly site. While there are predictions that 2014 will be the year of responsive design, one thing’s certain though – more people are demanding a seamless user experience when shopping online. Mobile users are on the rise and for the same reason that demand grows for mobile payment solutions. You may have done business on the road and that person would have bought on the spot if only they’ve got enough cash. Thanks to mobile credit card terminals that can turn your smart phones or tablets into payment portals, that minor inconvenience costing you business profit is resolved. You can even send mobile invoices.
Are You Ready for Mobile?
It’s useless to drive your customers to your mobile site or app if you don’t create a great user experience to start with. This is why it is crucial that you clearly map your goals for your mobile marketing campaign – whether your goal is to drive awareness, signups, customer loyalty, testimonials or redeemable deals. For this reason, I’m sharing with you the very basics of building a strong mobile presence for your brand:
1. You’ve got to be uniquely consistent with your brand image and message.
2. Personalize the experience. Here’s where you can give your audience an extra nudge with custom offers based on their location and searches.
3. Keep it Simple. What’s great about responsive design is that it renders your content properly no matter what the screen size is. Everyone loves an app that loads faster, easier to navigate and downloads in seconds.
4. Combine the best of SMS text messaging with rich media. You can always ask people if they want push notifications on your weekly specials – mixed with rich media messages. Be very careful not to annoy users with frequent messages though.
5. Get creative with your content. With mobile marketing, content get shorter and you’ve got to find ways on capturing your customer’s attention in a span of a few seconds. Think Vine.
6. Bring gamification to new heights that will compel people to click. People love competition and rewards.
7. Get social with your mobile marketing by complementing it with social media. Did you know that more than 1 in 6 people access Facebook on their phones?
8. Don’t forget to measure your brand engagement when you’re doing targeted mobile ads as this will help you polish your mobile marketing’s conversion funnels.
9. Maximize your mobile campaigns with loyalty and customer referral programs.
10. TEST. Continuously improve what works and what doesn’t when it comes to content, functionality and design. Simple tweaks can create a huge effect in your site visits and conversion.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. In my next post, I will be discussing about tools you can use to create a responsive web design. Watch out for that!
Do you think that mobile will completely take over desktop this 2014? Let me know what you think in the comments…